Re-engagement: allow timed release and improve completion rates.

Re: Re-engagement: allow timed release and improve completion rates.

by Dan Marsden -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
That sounds like:
https://github.com/catalyst/moodle-mod_reengagement/issues/43

The user must have "reengagement:startreengagement" or "reengagement:editreengagementduration" to view the page.

reengagement:startreengagement should be given to students by default.

reengagement:editreengagementduration should be given to teacher and non-editing teacher by default.

You should be able to see the other capabliities related to the re engagement in your role configuration.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Ted Long -

I'm really interested in using this plug-in but every time I try to set it up I just seem to tie myself up in knots and double-negatives!

I've got a couple of uses in mind, but would really appreciate anyone's help in selecting the correct settings to implement as I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong dead

Use Requirement 1:

Our courses consist of 3 SCORM packages and then a certificate activity when complete.  I'd like reminder emails to be sent to users two weeks after enrolling on the course but only if they haven't yet completed it?  And then this reminder to follow every few weeks thereafter?  But obviously not to email anyone who completes it.

(Maybe a separate issue, but what happens if users were enrolled on the course before we add the reengagement activity to it?)

Use Requirement 2:

Once a user has completed the course, I'd like them to receive a one-time summary email a few weeks after completion which can summarise what they learnt in that course.

If anyone could assist with what settings I need to do / get in place, that would be amazing!!  I'd owe you forever!!

Thanks

Ted

In reply to Ted Long

by Ted Long -

Anyone? sad