URGENT: confusing assignment submission notification bug

URGENT: confusing assignment submission notification bug

by Yezi Yang -
Number of replies: 1

Hi,

I am testing the Moodle mobile 3.1.2. I really like the new feature of uploading files in assignments through the mobile app. However, there is a bug here.

After uploading a file in an assignment, students can get a notification in the mobile app from the Moodle system, saying he has uploaded an assignment. The notification sender is called “do not reply to the email”. 

However, it also appears a new message sender called “do not reply to the email” in the message section. When clicking into this new message sender, it appears a error message in the pop up window. And there is no message from this sender. Since assignment integration in Moodle mobile, more users will upload assignments through the app. As a result, a lot of students will get the error message in the message section once they upload an assignment, which will cause many confuse and complains. 

After some time, the message sender “do not reply to the email” will disappear in the message section. It is also very confusing since the message sender can appear and disappear automatically.

In addition, there is also a problem in the Moodle site. After uploading an assignment, there is a “unread message” in the message section in the Moodle website. The “do not reply to the email” has a message to the users about assignment uploading. The message also appears in the mobile app, but in the message section, but not notification section, which is different from the mobile app.

In addition, once reading the message in the Moodle site, it disappears from the website. However, users can always see a message in the “notification” section in the mobile app, which is a very good feature. However, it is very confusing to users since the messages they have in the mobile app and the Moodle site are different.

I use Moodle 3.1.1 and Moodle mobile 3.1.2. I convert the fresh Moodle mobile code from Github (https://github.com/moodlehq/moodlemobile-phonegapbuild) to an app through Phonegap Build. 

Generally, I report two problems. First one is about the error message in the message section in the mobile app, while the second one is about the message on the Moodle site and difference between Moodle site and mobile app. I really hope this problem can be solved as soon as possible. If the issue is too complex, could you fix the first problem and make no error message in the message section in the mobile app, please? Our institution is planning to delivery the mobile app to the Apple store and let students use it in the coming September. So the time is quite limited since we have to go though the Apple company app check first. Thank you very much for your support.

Average of ratings: -