Settings and fresh installation of Essential

Settings and fresh installation of Essential

by johnny Flores -
Number of replies: 6

Hello everyone,

I don't know if this is a bug in essential but this is whats happening with a fresh installation and essential installed.

Right after installing the plugin I get  the usual new setting page where I can alter many options including slide show.  If I leave all the settings as they are and just click save, I get the same page again.  If I uncheck "hide slide show in mobiles"  it also does not save the setting, it just reloads upgradesettings.php page with the check box checked again.  There are options to put captions on slides also, do I have to write something in those fields?  It doesn't say it's required. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to johnny Flores

Re: Essential Beta for M3.1 released

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

If its repeating the page reload then one of the settings will be required.  It might not be obvious which one but there will be some text to say which, just need to look for it - I often do.

No you don't have to enter values in the fields, Essential has fallbacks for when a setting does not have a value.

What version of Essential and Moodle?

Screen shots help please.

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by johnny Flores -

Thanks for your quick reply and sorry for the double post.

AM using moodle 3.1.1 and essential 3.1.  

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

There is no 3.1 version of Essential, there is a 3.1.0.5 and I'm working on 3.1.0.6.  So what exact version do you have?  Can you find a mandatory field in the list of settings?

by johnny Flores -

Using essential  3.1.0.5 (Build: 2016061703)

No mandatory fields, at least not obvious to me. smile

by Gareth J Barnard -

Cannot reproduce.

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I can (if I am reading this query correctly) as the Settings page goes through two cycles.

Cycle 1 = all settings - made one change to use old header

Cycle 2 = all slide show settings (4 boxes) which from memory was default number and displayed same boxes in the first cycle.