News Forum - Sorting News on posted dates

Re: News Forum - Sorting News on posted dates

by Steve Iman -
Number of replies: 0
Yves: this is an old post, but I'm sorry that nobody came to your aid. I think we didn't really have a problem, however. At least I notice that in my new version of Moodle, whenever I post to the news forum, the page to which one clicks carries the title of the news and a link to the message in order of recency.. the most recent first.

By the way, I'm an instructor who likes to put their news 'out in front', so I'm a little disappointed with the number of clicks I've got to count on my students to follow if I have something newsworthy. I'm lucky to have an entre 'site' as well as courses, and very much like the way the site news feature works. Here I can define the number of messages to show, and what gets visible is not just a title but also a bit of the news, with a capacity for students to link through to the full message. I think it'd be handy to have such a news feature at the course level, though I've not found one. My course is arrayed by weeks though, with a bit of HTML area at the top of the page. I tend to edit that on the fly for course specific news.