Embed

Embed

by Bert van der Hooft -
Number of replies: 8

In moodle 3.1 I'm not able to embed an moodle LTI activity without blocks. I just shows the site as if it was an iframe embed. The only difference is that login is working. Frame embedding is permitted on the publishing as well as the consumer site. 

What could be wrong?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bert van der Hooft

Re: Embed

by Bert van der Hooft -

Closed: works now. Why? It beats me.

In reply to Bert van der Hooft

by Mark Henry -

Hi Bert

I have had similar issues. Could you point me in the right direction, please? Can I not get the LTI to embed in the second site without showing the first sites URL? I am trying to hide the first sites URL. I see that this doesn't happen I the Moodle videos tho? did you get the same problem? 

thanks in advance 

In reply to Mark Henry

by John Okely -

Hi Mark,

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "hide" the first sites url. Is the first site your provider? It sounds like what you want is to use "embed, without blocks". Let me know if that option fixes it for you. If not I can help further

In reply to Mark Henry

by anna ko -

Mark, thank you for sharing this..

i see you wondering pretty same questions i do now, so cannot not to wonder myself:

..any breakthrough on this? ..had you find the way?

many thanks in advance, as well smile

In reply to anna ko

by John Okely -

Could you try selecting "embed, without blocks" in the external tool settings? Let me know if that does what you are looking for

In reply to John Okely

by anna ko -

We did, but it removes the blocks of the current (home) cite. 

We are willing to remove the blocks and the top heading of the LTI provider cite.

Attaching the image:

In reply to anna ko

by John Okely -

Oh! I understand the problem now.

If you log in as a student, the headers will not be visible. We show the headers and blocks in order for the teachers so that they are able to access all teacher features. However if you are sure you don't want the headers for teachers, add "force_embed = 1" to the custom parameters on the consumer's mod_lti.

This should solve the problem for you, if it doesn't just let me know.

שלום