Can I see your Adaptable front page?

Can I see your Adaptable front page?

by Diane Soini -
Number of replies: 25

Going to a meeting soon to discuss our front page. Looking for ideas. Can I see what you have done with it?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Diane Soini

Re: Can I see your Adaptable front page?

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

http://online.ecboces.org

https://teacherready.studereducation.net

Those are a couple of sites that I am running adaptable on.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Fernando Acedo -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Emma, really impressive. 

I hope to have soon a site where Adaptable admins could show their sites. 

In reply to Fernando Acedo

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Thanks Fernando but it is the theme that is impressive!  I have been an Elegance fan forever and this is the first theme I have come across that was able to pull me away!  Thank you for all your work on it.  

I should note that I am still on 1.2.1 because I love the additional features in that version (fixed header/site and course title combined with logo, e.g) and really hope you find a way to implement them back in.

by Usman Asar -
So you actually started using Adaptable fully leaving Elegance behind, Traitor tongueout
In reply to Usman Asar

by Emma Richardson -

I am a traitor... mixed  but I just love the menus in Adaptable...I still love the look of Elegance though and it is still loaded on my site in case I decide to return!

by Usman Asar -

That was a joke of course, I would have adapted, adaptable as well, but I always tend to keep best things for last, and throughout my life I could never come to a point to actually make use of the best things, so it happened to theme Essential and now adaptable, where I had worked days and nights understanding he themes and never could use them like I have imagined, but I will, Time is near!

In reply to Usman Asar

by Emma Richardson -

I know it was a joke - ironic that I still feel like a traitor!!  I only just moved my main site over.  I was lucky, I had a client select it for their site so I was able to practice setup on theirs!!  I sadly actually miss Elegance to a point - while I really like Adaptable, I still prefer the clean simplicity of the Elegance theme.  But functionality won out for me!  

In reply to Diane Soini

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Diane,

I have just deleted your last post here as it was seen as advertising.

Mary Evans

Themes Forum Moderator

In reply to Mary Evans

by Diane Soini -

Advertising? I was the originator of the topic and I wanted to show what we came up with after all our planning. Part of our planning was seeing what others had done.

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Diane Soini

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Well that may be so, but the nature of the page you posted a link to was a promotion for some educational software base on Moodle.

If you think I was wrong then I apologise for my mistake. Please feel free to add it again and I will report it and see what the Moodle Administrator thinks?

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Fernando Acedo -

Mary, please, review the post.

The idea of post sites as a Showcase is part of many scripts like Wordpress and Joomla. So a thread or forum including the case and the screenshot would be great to show others  what they can do using moodle and how is using moodle as well.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Emma Richardson -

I agree.  It was beneficial to us to get ideas of what people are doing with this theme.  I didn't ever see it as an advertisement.

by Fernando Acedo -
Emma, not only Adaptable. All the other themes too.
This is a benefit for moodle as well because show to others what you can do with moodle.

So the best would be a Showcase forum as many other scripts already have to post moodle sites. You could add a screenshot, number of courses, students and staff and maybe some short description. Moderated of course

by Emma Richardson -

I actually think it would be a nice feature to have in the themes plugin area - that way people could get an idea of what various themes look like and what can be done with them.  I don't really care about number of courses and users though - more important would be whether there were customizations done beyond the gui settings.

by Mary Evans -
In reply to Mary Evans

by Fernando Acedo -

It is a moodle site using Adaptable and looking very good

by Mary Evans -

I have to admit that I misread the intro and thought GouchSpace was a Learning Mangement System.

In reply to Mary Evans

by Fernando Acedo -

So now the question again is:

Could we have a thread to add theme screenshots and a short technical description?

I agree that do not need to explain how wonderful is your institution/company. Just technical information:

- theme

- plugins

- hacks done to get it

Optionally, number of:

- users

- staff

- courses

by Mary Evans -

You could do all this via the Moodle Sites Registration page listing all the sites, if there was a required field where the site could list the theme. It is interesting to view these sites randomly, as you see some great looking sites.

In reply to Mary Evans

by Fernando Acedo -

Mary, the idea is an image gallery used as a showcase not a list of sites that many of them use Clean.

And it is really simple to do. A thread, with strict rules to post: screenshot, theme and short technical description  (no ads)

If somebody do not follow the rules, then the post is removed. Really, really easy and very useful for the moodle community: admins, theme developers and moodle itself to promote for new users.

by Mary Evans -

Well its no use asking me as this would need Moodle HQ approval. I have no control over the settings needed to make this happen. I suggest you either propose this in the New Features Forum or create a tracker issue in the Moodle Community tracker.

Or if you just think a discussion thread would be enough then add one here yourself!

It will work like all the other discussion threads here, there is very little Moderators can do in any forum...other that edit/delete posts.

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Diane Soini -

GauchoSpace is our moodle. I don't think there's anything promotional on it. You have to log in to do anything and of course, you can't log in unless you are a student/staff/faculty of UCSB.

I don't mind if you don't want to post it. I just thought it came out looking really nice. We used photos rather than colors and icons, and our front page is pretty simple and a lot less text-heavy than it was before.

We did make use of the custom CSS setting in Adaptable for some of our front page style. I think that is a nice feature of Adaptable, that you can override things without having to hack at the actual theme code.

In reply to Diane Soini

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Mary Evans

by Fernando Acedo -

I think the University of California don't need to promote a moodle site in moodle so it is a bit dare to say that was an advertising. This thread should be a portfolio of sites developed using Adaptable which is really good to see what Adaptable, and moodle, can do.

There are hundred of sites screenshots in moodle and nobody think are ads.

In my opinion, this should be important not only for themes, other are welcome too, also for moodle.

Anyway, we are working in an site for Adaptable where all the users could upload a screenshot of its sites and share with others.