Moodle root

Moodle root

by achraf manaa -
Number of replies: 8

Hi,

I installed Moodle and it works perfectly

I developed my website and I have in the menu an item that normally head to Moodle.

I want to know if I can integrate all the moodle folder in my website project and how to link them.

thank you

Average of ratings: -
In reply to achraf manaa

Re: Moodle root

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

What do you mean by integrate? At the minimal extreme that could just mean put a link to your Moodle site in your other website. Then, the next step might be to apply a similar visual design to both sites, so people don't really know that one part is in Moodle and the other part is something else. From there you can start making things more complicated. It all depends on what you want.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by achraf manaa -

thank you for your reply

I made a link between my site and Moodle (the link is : //localhost / moodle in ahref tag) and it works, but my concern is when I put my online site (hosting) I have to do for both?

i mean it by integrate is if i can put the project of moodle in my website project !!

In reply to achraf manaa

by Just H -

Unfortunately, you're still not explaining what you want to do. What exactly do you mean by "i mean it by integrate is if i can put the project of moodle in my website project !!"?

In reply to Just H

by achraf manaa -

ok, I work with Netbeans + Symfony2.

my website is running perfectly and also Moodle.

But they are two independent projects.

my problem when I go to my online site (hosting).

I also have to put Moodle online so a domain name, storage, database ...

It's a little clear !!

Attachment 1.PNG
In reply to achraf manaa

by Luis de Vasconcelos -
"my problem when I go to my online site (hosting)"
What is the problem?

Are you trying to merge the website and Moodle into one site?

By the way, the //localhost/moodle address will not work on your webhost. You have to change it to //yourdomain/moodle in the Moodle config.php file.

In reply to Luis de Vasconcelos

by achraf manaa -

thank you ,

Yes That what i meann it.. i'm trying to merge the website and Moodle into one site.

so i have to change the adress OK. and i put the  whole project of Moodle  in the project of the website or it's not necessary !?

In reply to achraf manaa

by Luis de Vasconcelos -

I would keep them in different folders on the server. Example:

/var/www/mainsite
/var/www/moodle

Then setup your DNS so that:
www.yourschool.com/mainsite points to /var/www/mainsite and
www.yourschool.com/moodle points to /var/www/moodle

Or set www.yourschool.com to redirect to either the Moodle folder or the Mainsite folder, depending on your preference.

That way you don't mix the Moodle code with the Mainsite code. It gives you clear separation and when you upgrade Moodle you don't need to worry about accidentially breaking something in Mainsite (or vice versa).

In reply to Luis de Vasconcelos

by achraf manaa -

Thank you,

this is what i want .

I would keep them in different folders on the server.

Thanks for your help .