Forum post reports

Forum post reports

by Just H -
Number of replies: 6

Hi folks, the "Report to moderator" function was an excellent addition ... as a first step. 

I believe it would be beneficial to expand it to include a dropdown on the confirmation page to indicate the reason the report is being made (spam is not the only reason to report a post IMHO). For example:

• Spam
  • Duplicate/cross post
  • Wrong forum
  • Inappropriate content (as in language or personal attack)

I think this could benefit both mods (they know exactly what they are looking for) and users (minimise cross posts for readers and therefore, minimise the dilution of resolutions to a given issue across multiple forums, and have errant posts moved to the correct forum where they have a better chance of a fast response).

Thoughts?

Regards

H

Average of ratings: Useful (4)
In reply to Just H

Re: Forum post reports

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
I thought "Report to moderator" is to report spam. If it is to be used for other purposes like duplicate or cross posts, etc. how do you tell that to the moderator? I don't see any other switches or a comment field when I report.

P.S. From the subject line I thought it is about statistics on moodle.org forum posts!
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by Just H -

I thought "Report to moderator" is to report spam.

As far as I'm concerned it is to report any issues with a post, some examples as given. If it was just for spam then the language string should be "Report as spam".

If it is to be used for other purposes like duplicate or cross posts, etc. how do you tell that to the moderator? I don't see any other switches or a comment field when I report.

Hence my OP.

P.S. From the subject line I thought it is about statistics on moodle.org forum posts!

If it was I would have most likely posted in the "Analytics and reporting" forum  ... or one of our friendly mods would have moved it there once the post was brought to their attention by a report big grin
In reply to Just H

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Hi

>> I thought "Report to moderator" is to report spam.

> As far as I'm concerned it is to report any issues with a post, some examples as given. If it was just for spam then the language string should be "Report as spam".
> ...
> Hence my OP.

OIC. we were making the same suggestion. Rated the post and voted for MDLSITE-4713.

>> P.S. From the subject line I thought it is about statistics on moodle.org forum posts!

> If it was I would have most likely posted in the "Analytics and reporting" forum ...

Note that I was not talking about an extension to Moodle for such reports rather (falsely) expecting the said data from moodle.org.
In reply to Just H

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Thanks H for your suggestion which I have reported in the tracker - MDLSITE-4713 - for implementing hopefully in the not-too-distant future.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Just H -

Thanks Helen, I was going to open one if there appeared to be consensus but you beat me to it cool