weighted mean of grades - can't find field with weights

weighted mean of grades - can't find field with weights

by Ellen B Cutler -
Number of replies: 1

I think I am using Moodle 2.something. I am just not sure.

After much difficulty, I finally figured out how to set up categories weighted so that final grades are simpler. For instance, the quizzes are worth 35%, essays 25%, project 30% and group presentation 10%. That's fine.

However, in double checking on those weights, I cannot recover the field that says what the weight was. When I go to edit, the weight simply disappears. 

I attached the screen shot of what I see when I try to edit. Under Parent where I originally found the field for weight there is nothing, just a box for extra credit. 

Look, all I want to do is go back in and see what weight I originally assigned. How the heck to I do that???

Moodle is sooooo frustrating!  Ellen

Attachment moodle.PNG
In reply to Ellen B Cutler

Re: weighted mean of grades - can't find field with weights

by Nancy K Hoke -

Hi Ellen - I will try to assist.  In looking at your gradebook screenshot the overall gradebook is set to Simple Weighted Mean of Grade - you need to change that to Weighted Mean of Grades - then scroll down and click save. Once Weighted Mean of Grades is selected then there will be a field where you can enter the grades.  If when you pull down on the menu for Aggregation - and Weighted Mean of Grades is not there you will need to contact the Moodle Admin.  The aggregation you need to set will be at the top of the gradebook where the title of the course appears. I hope this is of some help. You also might check on YouTube - I did a session at Moodle USA in 2015 about the gradebook - that be of some assistance. 

Gradebook Weighted mean of Grades