Proposing change to guidance on releasing grades & feedback

Proposing change to guidance on releasing grades & feedback

by Mira Vogel -
Number of replies: 3
Hello,

We've recently updgraded to 3.1 and I was looking for documentation to answer that crucial question about how Tutors can keep marks and feedback hidden from a cohort of students until marking is finalised, and then release to all students at the same time. I couldn't find anything focused on that particular issue, so I wrote some.

What I wrote seemed pretty complicated to me, so instead of adding it directly to the Using Assignment Moodle doc I've put it in the Page Comments for that article:
https://docs.moodle.org/31/en/Talk:Using_Assignment .

I'd appreciate any input here - particularly in terms of whether I am duplicating something which already exists, whether what I've written is correct, whether it is the most efficient way, and when to recommend each alternative (either to Hide a Grade Item, or to use Marking Workflow).

Thanks,

Mira
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mira Vogel

Re: Proposing change to guidance on releasing grades & feedback

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I really like what you have written but am not sure where it belongs  (the section you have added it to is really just about notifications, not necessarily grades).  

I do feel it is needed documentation but I also think it has to reference the settings for hidden grades which can have unforeseen effects on final grades if teachers do not know about these settings.

Perhaps it should just be its own section referenced to from the Using Assignment page and from the Gradebook pages.  

Mary?  What do you think - I couldn't really find anything similar to this but you know the docs way better than the rest of us!!

In reply to Emma Richardson

Re: Proposing change to guidance on releasing grades & feedback

by Mira Vogel -

Hi,

Thanks for that Emma - Mary has responded positively on that talk page at https://docs.moodle.org/31/en/Talk:Using_Assignment, and so I went ahead and added it to the section I originally suggested - including your caution about unforeseen effects on final grades.

Best,

Mira