Warning: Invalid range end

Warning: Invalid range end

by Daniel Mikšík -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Core developers Picture of Translators
When trying to export a glossary I get the followng message. (I'm using the latest CVS.) The file actually gets exported so should I worry about the warning?

-------------------
Warning: Invalid range end in /lib/moodlelib.php on line 1222
Glossary exported.

Exported file
-------------------

Anyway, a great piece of work this glossary!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Daniel Mikšík

Re: Warning: Invalid range end

by Williams Castillo -

Thanks...

Can you tell me the name of your glossary?

Will

In reply to Williams Castillo

by Daniel Mikšík -
Yes, the name is 'Tech Terms'.

I forgot to say blush that I was not using the English language pack (Czech instead). When I switch to English the warning disappears. The Czech language pack does not contain the glossary.php file, but when I tried to export a test glossary at the Teacher Demo course here at moodle.org, there was no warning even if I switched to Czech.

Dan

by Williams Castillo -

I've exported 812 entries having the Czech language set and I got nothing but the exported file.

Thus, I've checked the line 1222 in moodlelib.php and it is a comment.. Do you have the latest version of that file?

Anyway... It would be great to have the glossary translated to Czech! Any volunteer? Did I see a hand raised over there? tongueout.gif

Serious... The fact that here at moodle.org the warning does not appear is by no means synonimous that it is not happend "behind the scenes".. Martin could have disable them in this PHP installation.

Will

In reply to Williams Castillo

by Daniel Mikšík -
Yes, I've got the same version of moodlelib.php.
I've been thinking of translating the module, though I'm not able to do it at this very moment. If I complete my other tasks in a near future, I'll get in touch with the Czech translation coordinator.
Thank you.
Dan

Re: Warning: Invalid range end AND uploading assignments

by Kevin Mactavish -

When my Czech students try to upload an assignment and the interface langauge is Czech, they get this error. When the interface language is changed to English, they can successfully upload their assignments. For what it is worth.

Kevin Mactavish