Assignment Grader error: Invalid response value detected

Assignment Grader error: Invalid response value detected

by Ryan H -
Number of replies: 6

I'm using Moodle 3.1+, but when attempting to grade assignments, the following error occurs:

Invalid response value detected

File: .../lib/externallib.php

Line: 424

user => Invalid response value detected: username => Invalid response value detected: Invalid external api response: the value is "S000409", the server was expecting "username" typeError code: invalidresponse

Does anyone know why this might be occurring and how to fix it? Thank you

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ryan H

Re: Assignment Grader error: Invalid response value detected

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I found something very similar to this just last week.  Here's the bug report - MDL-55371

In summary, some role overrides had been put in place in the affected courses. It was causing the web services code (which is used by the Javascript that generates the marking page) to miss information that the caused its own verification to fail. 

If this isn't exactly the problem I think it may be something closely related. 

In reply to Ryan H

by Rex Lorenzo -

Ran into the same issue on our Moodle 3.1 just now. We had to set the following capability from Not set to Allow: 

View user profiles (moodle/user:viewdetails)

In reply to Ryan H

by Kirill Astashov -

It doesn't like capital letters, make usernames lowercase.

In reply to Kirill Astashov

by Paul Raper -

So the question really is: does anyone actually know what is causing the issue? What the issue actually is? Is there a solution? Has it been fixed?

Attachment Invalidresponse.png
In reply to Paul Raper

by Mark Glynn -

Has anyone got a solution, I've no capital letters in the usernames and I've changed the permissions of the roles to "allow" view user details as mentioned above for both the student and teacher role but I still have the error. Any advice would be really appreciated.

Kind regards

Mark

In reply to Mark Glynn

by Esther I.K -

Has anyone has the solution/update in this case? I also always see "Invalid response value detected" when try to open the submission in the document viewer.

I've set the moodle/user:viewdetails to allow as well.

It happens in some courses but some courses don't. So, I cannot see the reason. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!