LTI tool throws error on my LMS.

LTI tool throws error on my LMS.

by Kate Tretiak -
Number of replies: 5

I tried to test LTI connection and grading from my LMS. I succesfully published course as LTI tool, but I couldn't access it from consumer. 

Screenshot with errors.

Second question about consumer key: do you have some default key or it's value is optional?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kate Tretiak

Re: LTI tool throws error on my LMS.

by Nigel Hoath -

Kate these errors normally indicate that the stated parameters are absent from the request POST.

Here are the said parameters from my LTi simulator that works well with Moodle 3.1 on both Windows 10 localhost and Centos on a remote in the cloud.

$launch_data["lti_version"] = "LTI-1p0";
$launch_data["lti_message_type"] = "basic-lti-launch-request";
$resource_link_id = kkkk

Note like several LTi parameters $resource_link_id must be present but can be any value, or so it would appear from our testing.

consumer_key we set to a string that identifies the consumer.  We had hoped it would be used as a prefix to the created user name (as we do not pass real user credentials) but sadly not.  We might do a bespoke on this as it would be really useful.

HTH Nigel

In reply to Nigel Hoath

by Kate Tretiak -

Thank you for your answer. I already fixed this, but got another issue connected with X-Frame-Options "SameOrigin" settings. I have troubles only when trying to connect Moodle's LTI Provider, with other platforms my LMS consumer works properly. 

Note: I tried to connect from standard IMS testing tool consumer and few other consumers and got the same error everywhere. 

Please, could you review this?

Attachment Screenshot_13.png
In reply to Kate Tretiak

by Nigel Hoath -

Kate

if (empty($CFG->allowframembedding)) {
        @header('X-Frame-Options: sameorigin');
    }

Can you check if frame embedding is set in Moodle?

Site administration / > Security / > HTTP security Allow frame embedding

I assume this error is  from the provider.

HTH Nigel

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Nigel Hoath

by Kate Tretiak -

Hi, Nigel. Unfortunately I have no access to administration part of the site. And I cannot make sure If this option is checked or unchecked. Situation with error still the same for the moment.

In reply to Kate Tretiak

by Ka Kill -

Was this ever resolved.  I've been told it's the cause of my issue as well  Nobody will tell me how to fix it in MoodleCloud.