Assignment 3.1.1 Grading interface not Working (and no its not unoconv)

Assignment 3.1.1 Grading interface not Working (and no its not unoconv)

by Ryan Hazen -
Number of replies: 8

Hi all,

I'm having a vexing issue after upgrading from 2.7 to 3.1.1 today. I have disabled the assignment annotation function due to unoconv issues, but the new grading interface (without the annotation pane) is not advancing to the next student's assignment after submitting grade and feedback. Likewise, the dropdown of student assignments is not working. I turned on debugging but this hang up is not even generating an error. The process of fetching the next assignment just stops. 

I have recorded the issue below:

Any guidance or help in tracking down what's going wrong would be helpful. This is particularly frustrating because my other instance of 3.1 on which I was testing worked just fine. Thanks in advance for any help!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ryan Hazen

Re: Assignment 3.1.1 Grading interface not Working (and no its not unoconv)

by Ryan Hazen -

Update: turning off feedback comments fixes this issue. I am not sure why yet. I'll post back if I find out.

In reply to Ryan Hazen

by Ryan Hazen -
Solved: Atto Toolbar was set to show more groups than were available.
In reply to Ryan Hazen

by Matt Cato -

Hey Ryan... having a similar problem.... any ideas? Not quite sure what you mean by atto toolbar set to show more groups?

Is this the option you are referring to?

This is what I see when I try to mark the assignment... I can't add comments, move to the next assignment etc.

In reply to Matt Cato

by Ryan Hazen -

That is the setting that fixed my issue, but it looks like you have a slightly different issue. I was able to see the grading interface even when my nav was not working. 

Check unoconv and try turning off the "annotate pdf" function in site admin > plugins > activity modules > assignment >feedback plugins:

feedback plugins settings page

I know a lot of people are struggling to get this working and its causing some odd issues. 

Let me know if that works!

In reply to Matt Cato

by Ryan Hazen -

And do make sure that you have more groups than five in your Atto Toolbar. You can find that at site admin > text editors > Atto HTML editro > Atto Toolbar Settings. Basically, you want to make sure you have more lines in this box than specified in the setting you included in your reply:

atto grouping interface

In reply to Ryan Hazen

by Matt Cato -

Thanks for your help Ryan. Still working out a solution....tried the things you suggested. This is what my Atto Toolbar config window looks like....

Attachment attotext.PNG
In reply to Ryan Hazen

by Matt Cato -

Hey Ryan,

Just thought I would give you an update. We moved to a different theme (adaptable) and now the grading is working fine.

In reply to Matt Cato

by Ryan Hazen -

That makes sense - non-core themes can be wonky on upgrades. Personally, I like using More because I'm freer to upgrade since the theme comes already packaged in core.