I went through the documentation and tested the competency features, however I feel I have some misunderstandigs with the concept of the CBE implementation and it would be great if you could answer me some questions that came up:
1) The Learning Plan View only shows the assigned competencies. Shouldnt students be able to see what the requirements of competencies (e.g completing a course, a subcompetency or an activity) are or how are they supposed to know what to do in order to complete a competency?
2) I think introducing CBE could be a bit confusing with wether students should work towards activity points and grades or work towards competencies - are these two concepts meant to work complementary or is the competency based approach meant to replace the other grading at some point in the future? If complementary, wouldnt it make sense then to integrate competencies somehow in the gradebook?
3) Ive set up a competency framework, learning plan template, assigned students learning plans and set up an assignment with "Complete the competency". Then I uploaded a file in the assignment and graded it. However it still appears as "Not Rated" in the competency breakdown, at which I thought it would be automatically set to proficient. Did I do something wrong or is it not meant to complete it in an automated way?
4) Is there any possibility to rate competencies with points instead of scales like "Bad, Good" ?
5) How does the setting "Points required are met" in the Competency Rules fit in then? Where do these points come from that I can set there and how does it work?
6) Wouldnt it make sense to automatically add sub-competencies if a competency is added to a learning plan template?
7) What effect does the cross reference option in the Framework actually have?
I understand that the Competency features are new and improvements will follow, nevertheless I just want to sort misunderstandings out now before actually working with it! Thank you!