No Site Administrator Under permissions?

No Site Administrator Under permissions?

by Steve To -
Number of replies: 1

Hi,

I am new to Moodle, and I have inherited the Infrastructure and left in the dark,

I have been reading ALOT about Site Administrator, however, the user "admin" That was created originally has very limited permission to the site, I had another account which has High level access to the site in hope to restore the Admin, but with little to no success

I go to Users > Permissions > ( There is no Site Administrator) Listed below.

How Can I restore that Account back or identify which account is the ADMIN ?

ThanksCannot locate Site Administrator

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steve To

Re: No Site Administrator Under permissions?

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

It looks like the account you are using is not truly an administrator account, just a manager account.

To get this back, you probably need to do something like edit the data in the database.

You need to look in the mdl_config table, and fine the row where name is 'siteadmins'. That should be a comma-separated list of userids, like 123,456

Edit that to add the id of your Moodle user. Then go to Site administration -> Development -> Purge caches in the Moodle interface and click the button. That should do it.