Behat tests stuck on annotation pages

Behat tests stuck on annotation pages

by David Ligne -
Number of replies: 3

Hi everyone,

We've recently upgraded to Moodle 3.1.1, and we have a lot of behat tests failing on the annotation page.

For example, running /mod/assign/feedback/editpdf/tests/behat/annotate_pdf.feature gives the error :

And I should see "Page 1 of 3" # /app/apache2/htdocs/moodle/mod/assign/feedback/editpdf/tests/behat/annotate_pdf.feature:57
      "Page 1 of 3" text was not found in the page (Behat\Mink\Exception\ExpectationException)

It tries to generate the PDF for a few seconds, then goes on and the scenario fails.

I have the same problem on every assign test.

I've tried to add a And I wait "10" seconds command but it doesn't help.

I'm using Selenium 2.53, have tried it with 2.47.

Has anyone had this problem?

Thank you

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Ligne

Re: Behat tests stuck on annotation pages

by Rajesh Taneja -

Hello David,

Please use one of the suggested combinations to ensure behat passes. Recently we have observed lot of movement in Firefox domain to push marionette driver

In short Firefox 47.0.1 is the last version which is supported and working with selenium 2.53.1. Firefox has released 48.0 and it's not working with selenium.

To avoid Firefox problem, you can also choose to run behat with chrome. For Moodle 31+, please use $CFG->behat_profiles

In reply to Rajesh Taneja

Re: Behat tests stuck on annotation pages

by David Ligne -

Hello Rajesh,

Thank you for your answer.

We've run our behat tests on Firefox 45 and 46, and Chrome. I believe it's a configuration issue.

We're still working on it, will tell you if we find something.