Change "Buttons" in Lesson

Change "Buttons" in Lesson

door John Bauler -
Aantal antwoorden: 8

I am attempting to change the look of "Buttons" in the Lesson pages. I have been able to make the changes, (i.e. color, size, shading, etc.) by editing the html. I am in Chrome when I am doing this. The problem is, the changes will not save. It was suggested that I use Firefox, which I have tried but I still cannot get the changes to save.

Currently running in the following environment:

moodle

running 2.9+ (Build: 20150521)

database

mysql (5.5.49-0ubuntu0.14.04.1)

running 5.5.49.0.0.14.04.1

php

running 5.5.9.1.4.17

Any ideas will be appreciated!

Gemiddelde van de beoordelingen:  -
Als antwoord op John Bauler

Re: Change "Buttons" in Lesson

door AL Rachels -
Foto van Core developers Foto van Particularly helpful Moodlers Foto van Plugin developers Foto van Testers

By "Buttons" do you mean Submit, Continue, etc, that show when students are going through a lesson? Or do you mean the tabs Preview, Edit, Reports, and Grade essays that the teacher sees?

Als antwoord op AL Rachels

door John Bauler -

I mean any buttons that students will click on: (Submit, Continue, or  any other buton that a student will click on to navigate in the lesson.) We are attempting to make the pages look very clean, consistant and match our school colors.

door AL Rachels -
Foto van Core developers Foto van Particularly helpful Moodlers Foto van Plugin developers Foto van Testers

I thought those were the ones you meant but just needed to be sure.

If I'm not mistaken, the color of those buttons is handled by settings in the theme you are using. I've been doing some development work on colors for a plugin, and have been changing themes a bunch over the past two weeks. I just double checked before my last post and those button colors changed with every theme change.

door John Bauler -

The problem is we cannot change themes at this time for other reasons. In addition, to find a theme with the exact color needed is going to be impossible. Currently the buttons are gray and each one is a different size, no uniformity. I can change the color, size and boarders without a problem; I just cannot get the changes to save. The “saving changes” part is where I am having a problem.

door AL Rachels -

Sounds like you already know what css stuff needs to be changed. Dig through the css files for your theme, find the settings, change them, and save. I've done this before for myself and it works just fine.

door John Bauler -

Yes, I can make the changes, just cannot get them to save to Moodle. Any ideas?

door AL Rachels -

Yes, but where are you making the changes? You have to change the settings in the css files for your theme so they get put into the Moodle database by Moodle and saved as configuration settings.