Edit gradebook page not loading properly (moodle 3.1.1+)

Edit gradebook page not loading properly (moodle 3.1.1+)

by Harley scotcher -
Number of replies: 4

When someone in the system tries to edit a player submission grade the following page is not loaded properly - Sorry if that doesn't make sense I am still trying to wrap my head around the terminology. I have added a screenshot of the page which is failing to load. I am receiving an error message: 

'Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help, check https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.'

I checked out the link that it gives me up I am still unsure about how to resolve the issue.

the red box in the screen shot is there because I have to blank names for confidentiality reasons

If any further information is needed could you please let me know

Thanks in advance for any advise offered

Attachment 2016-07-22 15_18_17.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Harley scotcher

Re: Edit gradebook page not loading properly (moodle 3.1.1+)

by Chad Bergeron -

We're seeing the same issue. The page starts loading, then the javascript starts doing its thing. Eventually the student name field loads, but the assignment and grading panels don't. We haven't installed unoconv and have left that line blank in the admin settings, but ghostscript is installed and tests okay. This is happening with assignments that are text submissions as well as file submissions, regardless of file type. At this point I rather wish there were a setting to revert to the old grading screens.

In reply to Chad Bergeron

by Chad Bergeron -

Attaching a screenshot showing the top ajax region completed, but the grading and editing panes still spinning.

Screenshot of grading screen

by Chad Bergeron -

We believe we've resolved this now. Plagiarism plugins were causing the issue, and updates to those have restored the grading screen's functionality.

by Harley scotcher -
Thank you for letting me know, I will see if we have anything like that on our system which is causing the problem.