Storyline 2 SCORM 1.2 resume and Moodle 3 interactions report

Storyline 2 SCORM 1.2 resume and Moodle 3 interactions report

by Alpha WONG -
Number of replies: 0

Dear All,

To make it simple, I found resume working properly with the following setting:

• Delete the masteryscore in the published file imsmainfest.xml from storyline
  • Set one attempt and force new attempt in SCORM setting in moodle
  • Storyline allow quiz retake

This enable one attempt with unlimited trial for quiz inside storyline until passed. After passing, attempt completed(passed) and user force into review mode. Quiz is frozen, no more trial but browsing course content. It works so great.

However, I found the following issues. let's say I have a quiz with 1 question.

1. I took the quiz and failed. In interaction report, we see something similar to this:
  2. Retake the quiz (storyline enabled retake), marks will be reset.
  3. Take the quiz again. No matter fail or pass, interaction reports including the previous failed Response 0, i.e. now we will have two Response columns, 0 and 1.

If I click the links of highlight marks, something similar as follows:

It includes another cmi.interacitons_X, x=0 and 1 this time, i.e. two response included previous failed one.

What I want to say when storyline submit the suspend data to Moodle, it saves all in the whole progress until attempt completed(passed in this case). When I failed and resume the course, clicking retake quiz, storyline reset the marks but instead of overwriting the response 0, it appends response 1.

I understood it's hard to say as it now involves two parties, Storyline and Moodle. However, I don't find any options either  in storyline or Moodle to exclude the failed responses 0 when retake the quiz. Is there such option in Storyline or Moodle?

It makes the interactions report record not consistent for the same attempt 1, i.e. someone pass in first trial while someone may be a few. It causes someone with just one Response 0 but someone a few. I wonder if it should be handled as multiple record with same attempt number in database sense.

Users need to download the Excel and manually split the corresponding response(s) to different trial results before analysis can be done. It's just complicated for users, though PowerQuery in Excel may do good for this.

Any idea for options or settings in Moodle to limit the response in the interactions report to include the last trial response(s) or separate to save the responses to different trials with the same attempt number?

Average of ratings: -