Paypal Enrolment

Paypal Enrolment

by joseph zabrosky -
Number of replies: 9

Hi,

Using 3.1.3

I've called all of the vendors available for help in the US and none of them called back. It's as if, if you're not a large institution with lots of money they want nothing to do with you.

Went through the steps for paypal enrolment but when going to course page there's a 'P' symbol but it's not live. See attached.

Also, is the course page the same as my admin link. This is the only link I am aware of for my moodle course:

http://66.147.242.156/~onezesi6/moodle/

Shouldn't the paypal box or prompt be there? I did exactly what the instruction page said to do.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

joseph

Attachment Screen Shot 2016-07-21 at 4.51.37 PM.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to joseph zabrosky

Re: Paypal Enrolment

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

You have to log in to be able to enrol in a course...

In reply to Emma Richardson

by joseph zabrosky -

Thanks for your response Emma. I kind of figured it out right before you responded. So, if someone has a site that they're qualifying new prospects with and then sending them to moodle it would appear it would be a better strategy to not use paypal enrolment in moodle and instead send prospects who want the course to paypal via your own paypal link on your site so they can first pay.

Once you get the paypal payment notification then manually enrol that person (user and pw) into the course through the back office and then send their credentials (user and pw) to the new buyer with the link to the login page?

If using paypal enrolment via moodle it seems backwards. There's no automation whatsoever if you first manually enrol someone and then send them to the login page where they pay through paypal enrolment.

Am I missing something here?

joseph

by Just H -

It sounds to me you are getting authentication and enrolment mixed up.

People can create their account by self registration; then to get into a course they, in your car case, use PayPal for payment and enrolment into a specific course. 

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Or you could actually use a Joomla website with a shopping cart feature.  That would allow you to sell courses and then would also register and enrol the purchasers into your course.  You would need the joomdle plugin to achieve that.

Another option is to just put the instructions in your course summary so that they will know what to do when they click on the course.  Just direct them to create an account and then return to the course to pay.

by joseph zabrosky -

Also, is there a way to send buyers to a registration page where they create their user name and password are redirected to the login page where they are prompted to enrol via paypal? Thanks, joe

by Emma Richardson -

What you could do is add the registration link and instructions in the course summary.

by joseph zabrosky -

Hello,

I set all of that up for self registration, now the problem is that when i test it, it only sends confirmation emails to my bluehost email address, which is where my moodle site originates. It does not confirm gmail registrants and probably all other emails such as yahoo, hotmail, etc..

I talked to bluehost and they asked where did the confirmation email to my bluehost email come from. It came from a yahoo address, which was the email address i used for my moodle site admin profile. Bluehost told me they couldn't help me because they couldn't look at the logs in that it came from a yahoo address. So I changed the admin address to a bluehost address but when i test it, it with a registrant that has a bluehost email the confirmation email is still sent from the yahoo address. thus, i'm tyirng to figure out where I change the from address from the yahoo to the bluehost.

Is there anything else to consider. Man this moodle is so hardcore every step. Doesn't give you an inch.

I checked moodle forum regarding this and saw your post, thus i called my hosting, but what i wrote above is what transpired:

Picture of Emma Richardson
Re: Confirmation emails not being sent
Group Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

You need to talk to your host about what settings to use.  There cannot be instructions because everyone has a different email server and the settings are dependent on the server.  But you could try just putting your basic email settings in the admin/plugin/messaging/email setup and see if that helps.

Any help is appreciated,

joseph

by Emma Richardson -

Look at the following adminsettings/plugins/messageoutputs/email

by joseph zabrosky -

Thanks for your help Emma! I was previously at the path you mentioned. Since this has been such a struggle I figure I should share it so that someone else who might face the same prob won't have to go through the same.

Here's a video explaining how to create self registration in moodle and get the confirmation mechanism to work correctly -

joseph