Plugin to manage course credits

Plugin to manage course credits

by Alex L. -
Number of replies: 2
Hello,
I'm planning to develop a plugin or a bundle of plugins to manage course credits.
The system should assign a fixed number of credits to a student when he completes a course successfully, and the student should be able to review the sum of credits he has gained, and have a report of the courses he has completed whit related credits obtained for each course.
I'd like to achieve this without any core hacks, to allow easy upgrade of moodle.
I think I'll have to develop:
  • a local plugin that allow course creators to set the number of credits assigned by the course.
    The plugin should also catch the course completion event and assign the credits to the user.
  • a block plugin to show the credit overview to the students
  • a report plugin to export the result

Do you think I'm heading to the right way?

Thank you

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Alex L.

Re: Plugin to manage course credits

by Michael Aherne -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Alex, that sounds about right. You may not need a separate report plugin, though. If the report is just for the student to download you could build it in to the block.

In reply to Alex L.

Re: Plugin to manage course credits

by Kushal Khandelwal -

Hi Alex,

This is a good idea to enable course credits. I would like to use such a plugin on my website as well. 

Just wondering if you've been able to complete developing this plugin. If so, can you help me with how I can use it on my site as well? Is it free or paid?

I'd really like to use this plugin. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,
Kushal K.