Using Articulate Storyline, nothing shows when 'add new file' after upgrade 1.9.4>2.2.11

Using Articulate Storyline, nothing shows when 'add new file' after upgrade 1.9.4>2.2.11

by Debbie Kay -
Number of replies: 0

Hi experts!

After finally taking the plunge to upgrade I am now stuck as i cannot add any new files or folder from those already present.

I upgraded from 1.9.4 > 1.9.19 > 2.2.11

All seemed to be working in 1.9.19, but I did not try to add anything new there, only after upgrading to 2.2.11 have i found this issue.

I use Articulate Storyline to create most content and after 'publishing for web' SL creates a folder with all needed files for that section or Chapter.

In 1.9.4 it was easy, I just uploaded the Storyline folder created to moodledata via FTP and then in the course area chose 'add a resource' and then 'link to file or folder' and navigated to the story.html file for the desired Chapter.

In 2.2.11 all existing content is accessible after the upload (and I can add links to .pdf's existing already in the files area,)  but I cannot add new links to any of my existing Storyline content already uploaded (by 'add a resource' and 'file' then navigate to the story.html file wanted and save) 

When I try, nothing shows when I try to access the newly created 'file' link - the page has the navigation elements of the moodle page, but shows no content for my file.

Having looked at the new file area I see when 'add a new resource' > 'file' > Content > Add is selected, it seems when I navigate to the story.html file which was originally in a folder of other dependent files- moodle now copies it to a new folder called whatever name is given to the new resource created. 

This will likely be why it does not work as the story.html file is then separated from the other files it needs to run.

Can anyone advise on this?

Many thanks in advance!

Average of ratings: -