Certificate activity linking to dashboard

Certificate activity linking to dashboard

by Susan Vinovrski -
Number of replies: 3
Hello,

I'm having an issue and hope someone can help.

I installed the certificate plugin last week.  Plugin was supposedly successful.

It seemed to be working.  I was able to add it as an activity, and I enabled restricted access in site administration so I could restrict access until certain activities were completed.  It all seems to be fine; I've used the certificate module before.

Now, here's the issue:  When I click on the activity, it links me to my dashboard instead.  Why would that be happening and how can I fix it?

Thanks,
Susan

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Susan Vinovrski

Re: Certificate activity linking to dashboard

by Susan Vinovrski -

Hello Community,

I tried uninstalling the certificate and installing again with no luck. Can someone help me figure out why, every time I clidk on the certificate, it brings me to my dashboard?  See description and screenshots below.

Thanks,

Susan

If I go to site admin>plugins>activity modules>certificate, this page comes up as it should

But if I click to upload an image... it brings me back to my dashboard.

If I add the certificate to a course, and hit save and display, it brings me to my dashboard. (note URL I'm being brought to, after pressing "save and display" button).

If I hover my mouse over certificate in the course, it displays a link, in lower lefthand corner, but again, if I click, it goes to my dashboard anyway. (Even if I type http://education.heritagemuseumsandgardens.org/mod/certificate/view.php?id=73 into the url bar it brings me back to my dashboard)

In reply to Susan Vinovrski

Re: Certificate activity linking to dashboard

by Jeremy Schweitzer -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Susan,

This does seem like strange behavior, but to really help we'll need a little more information, such as what version of Moodle you're using, what version of the Certificate mod, what theme you're using (since a theme error could be causing a redirect), etc.