Repositories

error/admin/sectionerror

Picture of Just H
error/admin/sectionerror
Particularly helpful Moodlers

Hi folks

Trying to set up a site-wide File System repository on a Moodle 2.8.12 site.

Followed the docs here but when I click "Settings" I'm getting hit with the error in the title. The link to "More information about this error" states the following:

The error means that a new admin page 'foo' (the one you're developing right now) is not registered with the Admin menu. It is triggered with the call:

admin_externalpage_setup('foo');

The solution is to add a reference to the page in the appropriate file in admin/settings/XXX.php. Something like:

$ADMIN->add("parent_section", new admin_externalpage('foo', "Foo Admin Component", "$CFG->wwwroot/$CFG->admin/foo.php"));

Could someone put that into plain English please e.g. what file is XXX.php supposed to be referring to, what would the new admin page be called and do I really need to manually add code for something that is supposed to be core functionality?  Something doesn't seem to be quite right with this "solution".

There's no errors with full debugging on and I can add a course repository OK.

H

Average of ratings: -
Mary Cooch
Re: error/admin/sectionerror
Documentation writersMoodle Course Creator Certificate holdersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersTestersTranslators

Hi there. Sorry I can't help with those error messages except to say that - well - you shouldn't be getting any of them and as you imply, it should just work. I wrote that documentation a while back and those screenshots are mine and when I set it up I didn't have to do any of that manual code stuff.

Maybe you could just delete it and start again? smile

Picture of Just H
Re: error/admin/sectionerror
Particularly helpful Moodlers

Not exactly sure what went wrong but finally solved this issue (and an issue of plugins not triggering updates even though it downloaded the new version) by deleting a memcache store. So happy days again smile