Integrating Moodle with an external mobile app.

Integrating Moodle with an external mobile app.

by Benjamin Samuel -
Number of replies: 1

Hi,
there is a mobile app that was created using Eclipse, that i need to integrate with moodle or make it communicate with moodle. All that i have tried is proving futile. I.e Installing Eclipse in Ubuntu Server 14.04 and trying to install the SDKs and PHP updates have been slowing me down because it is just not working. My point is, can anyone help me with a detailed instruction of how to setup an Eclipse IDE for external mobile apps that can associate with moodle? The app is expected to remind lecturers and students course periods, for example if a lecture starts Monday 9:00 am and Ends 10:30 am, the app should be able to know this by associating with moodle settings and sending messages to the respective persons as reminders. I really hope that there is a way someone can help me further with detailed instructions to setup the Eclipse IDE within my moodle server to get the job done.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Benjamin Samuel

Re: Integrating Moodle with an external mobile app.

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Benjamin,

external systems and apps need to use WebServices to communicate with Moodle. You can see the list of WebServices available in your Moodle site in here:

Site administration > Plugins > Web Services > API Documentation

Then you just need to perform a network request to this URL:

{YOURMOODLE}/webservice/rest/server.php

With the params:

wsfunction: Name of the WebService you want to use. For example, core_course_get_courses.

wstoken: User token. You need to get it from login/token.php using a login form.

Other params required by the WebService.

Kind regards,

Dani