From "sit and get" to online

From "sit and get" to online

by Steve Hyndman -
Number of replies: 4

I created the following, short and simple, course to show my students one way to move training that is normally conducted in a large-group, sit and get manner, to an online format. Aside from the huge value in highly interactive and facilitated online courses/training, organizations often overlook the potential of moving their more "routine" type training to an online environment. Just another "sample" course open to the public on my site...feel free to link to it if you can use it. 

http://www.kentuckyclassroom.com/teacher/course/view.php?id=152

Steve

Average of ratings: -

Re: From "sit and get" to online

by patrick Frickel -

Thanks for that info....just what I was looking for form my site...I'll have a look asap... smile

by Chardelle Busch -
Picture of Core developers
Steve,

You might want to try using Petr's Book Module. You will get the next previous buttons automatically and a TOC on the left. You can make your pages in FrontPage (just name then sequentially, e.g. numerically or alphabetically), then import them all at once.

by Steve Hyndman -

A.T.,

No, I haven't used the lesson feature...in this course, I just used the Web Page resource to create the content. Then once they were completed, I just hyperlinked the word "<<Next>>" on each page to the next webpage resource. This isn't ideal for a course that may change a lot...for example, it would be a pain if I added another resource in the middle of the course to have to go back and redo those "Next" hyperlinks. A much better way to do this, is like I've done in the assistive technology course...there I created all the webpages in FrontPage and linked them all together as a website, then in the course I just hyperlinked to the individual pages...there are drawbacks to this approach as well, but it makes it very easy to update the webpages.

I bypassed the guest login, by setting the site to autologinguest in the administrators admin area and then set the course to allow guest access without an enrollment key.  

Steve

by A. T. Wyatt -
Two questions!
1) Is your text material presented in "lessons"?
2) How did you by-pass the guest login?  (Or shall I find those instructions if I just search the forums long enough? smile)

I am going to link to this in my moodle demonstration course!  Thanks for sharing!
atw