Better user documentation for CBE?

Better user documentation for CBE?

by Jari Vilkman -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

I would like to see better user documentation for CBE that the current one is:

https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Competency_Based_Education:Draft_User_Docs

Current documentation is hard to understand and it doesn't cover how activity competency-settings affect the whole completion of the framework. 

Actually the documentation is lacking whole "completing a competency framework" -topic which covers all this and how course completion and activity competency settings relate to it.

So someone who understands CBE, please can you make the documentation better? smile

PS. In my opinion Youtube video series would be the best way to explain how CBE works.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jari Vilkman

Re: Better user documentation for CBE?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

That is the developer documentation (I've just edited it). The current user documentation is

Competency based education -which also links to three videos and to other pages relating to CBE.

CBE is new and as this is a wiki anyone is welcome to help improve it smile 

If there is anything specific you'd like to know, please also ask here so people can help you.

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Jari Vilkman -

Hello,

Thank you for clarifying, I will post questions on a different discussion.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by André Romijn -

Hi Mary,

I'm setting some competency frameworks and learning plans, interesting stuff!

Have set up a competency frame work, I would like to delete one of the competencies (which is not linked with a course or have childs) I get the message that it cannot be deleted. Do you know which conditionI have to meet to delete this competency?

Best regards

André