Tiered Grading in the Lesson

Tiered Grading in the Lesson

'mei a Tom Langston - 'aho
Number of replies: 0

I have posted to the Moodle tracker. If you think this would be a good feature please add your vote to it so that we might be able to find some way of getting it implemented. 

If you have a solution to this I would love to hear it.

Thanks

Tom

----------

The lesson is one of the most powerful tools in Moodle, and in my training I hear some great ideas.

While I know that using only content pages does not register or record a score or grade for completing it, someone suggested a scenario where they would like the final page of a lesson (without having to use a quiz in the lesson) to return a score for the ending up at the decision they had.

The example was for students making decisions on medical issues, and having a few out comes to the path they take. For instance the student may go down path "A" which is following the correct procedure so they would finally score 100%. However if they make a mistake at one point and end up at result "B" they are still providing the correct and same out come as "A" but actually have got the right result almost by accident so would score 50%, then a final incorrect path would score 0%.

A tiered grading system depending on your decisions but without having to build in question pages, as the learning is more about why they make the choices than testing the book learned knowledge.

Average of ratings: -