Converting Enrolment Methods?

Converting Enrolment Methods?

by Dom Northeast -
Number of replies: 1
Hi,
I am managing a Moodle 2.9 instance that has several hundred External Database enrolments for staff members as Teachers and a similar number for Students.

I am trying to find a way to convert the existing staff External Database enrolments into Manual enrolment methods within each course while not affecting the student External Database enrolments.

Would anyone have any idea whether this can be acheived and if so which tables in the database would need to be modified? I can see the mdl_enrol table contains an 'enrol' column with entries for 'database' but am not sure what to join to retrieve the role for each user as well and can the 'database' entries be converted to 'manual'?

Something like:

SELECT * WHERE mdl_enrol.enrol = 'database' AND mdl_???.roleid = 'teacher'.

Moodle 2.9
mysql database
apache server

Hoping someone can help.

Best
Dominique
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dom Northeast

Ang: Converting Enrolment Methods?

by Chester Folming -

Hi Dominique

Did you find an answer to this?

I have been looking for the same thing. On some of our studies our students are on/off for longer periods, but they need access to all courses when passing the final exam.

Our ldap solution must delete group membership when the the user disappear, which means that we cannot provide this mandatory service, without cumbersome manual enrolment from the course interface.

Best Regards

Chester Folming