My TC has memory problems these days ;-)

My TC has memory problems these days ;-)

by Philippe Decloitre -
Number of replies: 5

Hi Gordon.

I have encountered a recurring problem of late:
I set a condition (say: >=70 task2)
I click on another page, lauch the TC, do the first task that is supposed to lead me to the next upon completion above 70% and instead of getting there I get "No record found".
I thus return to the conditions-setting page and Lo and Behold! I see that the reference to the "task2" has gone!
Here is a screenshot a such a targetless condition set (first one, and the last one were meant to target a given task).
screenshot
Is that a known bug?
Is from TC or Moodle?
Any fix imaginable (workaround is a fix in my book wink  )

Many thanks
Philippe
Attachment Capture d’écran 2016-07-01 à 15.42.14.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Philippe Decloitre

Re: My TC has memory problems these days ;-)

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I imagine you need to add "Next task" to the condition for >= 70%.

What do you want to happen if the score is < 30%?

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Philippe Decloitre -

Hi Gordon,

Thank you for answering.

I want to get to task N°2.

The problem is that I did define that, and clicked on save.

screenshot

Then several minutes later, the target task (as you can see on the screenshot)  disappeared...

Have you ever heard of such behavior (TC not retaining the condition in full -part of the condition is recorded and part of it vanishes)?

As to when the score is inferior to 30, I had set -as you proposed- : "no condition (meaning "in all other cases" go to yet another task.

So that What I really want looks like this:

screenshot

When it does look like this, it works.

The problem is that it does not remain like this, but of its own, returns to the first screenshot I posted ("forgetting" part of what I had saved).

Thanks smile

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Philippe,
if your conditions look like they do in your first screenshot ...

... then one or more of the Tasks has been deleted. I have never heard of this happening without being initiated by the teacher. 

If possible I suggest that instead of using specific task names, you use the relative task pointers to the "Previous task", "Next task", and so on.

regards
Gordon

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Philippe Decloitre -

...hum it's king of comforting in a way.

Do you think our database setup could be the problem.

Many thanks for looking into it anyhow.

Cheers

by Gordon Bateson -

It seems the task was deleted. I don't know how, but the only way that might have happened, that seems plausible to me, it that the deletion was initiated by a teacher or admin. I hope we can pin down exactly the circumstances under which this situation occurs.