forum post - send email to main admin

forum post - send email to main admin

by Miyone G -
Number of replies: 5

Hi, how can i make it so that everytime a student posts something on the discussion forum, an email will be sent to the main administrator? In a way, it's like the admin is auto-subscribed to all forum posts that are created. 

I can't find this option anywhere specifically in Site Admin > Plugins > Activity modules > Forum. Someone help please if this is possible. 

Using Moodle v3.1. Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Miyone G

Re: forum post - send email to main admin

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

There's no option to do that. Actually, it strikes me as a very unusual thing to want to do. 

In reply to Howard Miller

by Miyone G -

Well I actually need a simple contact form for support questions. So the original workflow is - student posts a questions, send email to our ticket system, so we can allocate a staff to reply to the query. 

I have looked at other plugins like Messaging and Questionnaire, and now considering the Forum to achieve this. Forum by itself may be harder to monitor and moderate. 

Any other plugin suggestions? 

In reply to Miyone G

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Along the same lines as Howard mentioned, you might check out the User Support Work Tracker at https://moodle.org/plugins/mod_tracker

Since you mention you already have a ticket system it might be a total duplication of effort, but the nice thing about User Support Work Tracker is that it is a Moodle plugin and therefore just become part of the system.

An possible alternative would be the Dialogue module. It allows for a "conversation" between individuals which is handy when trying to track down problems.

In reply to Miyone G

by Miyone G -

Thanks for the suggestions Howard and Al. Much help and i've looked into them.

However, I'm not really looking at embedding the ticketing system into Moodle. Just a way to forward requests/messages from Moodle. I'm hoping a simple "contact form" plugin (if something like that exists) can achieve this, the rest can be offloaded to the ticketing system thereafter.