Session handler is misconfigured after website migration

Session handler is misconfigured after website migration

by Ureche Marian -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

I've made a migration for website that uses moodle but after finishing it I get this error in browser :

" Session handler is misconfigured ".

I've checked the logs but there are no clues and also check the permission of the files.

php -v PHP 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.17 (cli) (built: May 19 2016 19:05:57)

mysql -V mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.49, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline 6.3

Moodle veersion -> 2.7.1+ (Build: 20140807)'; // Human-friendly version name

Any ideea how to solve this kind of issues?

Thank you !

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ureche Marian

Re: Session handler is misconfigured after website migration

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

How are sessions configured on your system?

The most likely thing here is that your config.php has some settings for session handling that are no longer correct after the migration. Example, you have set $CFG->session_file_save_path to a location that doesn't exist or cannot be written, or you are using (e.g.) memcached and are trying to access a server that is no longer accessible. 

If this means nothing to you and you have checked your config.php and found nothing about sessions then the only thing left is that the /sessions directory in your 'moodledata' is inaccessible for some reason. The easiest thing is to simply delete it and then check your 'moodledata' permissions carefully.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Session handler is misconfigured after website migration

by Ureche Marian -

Hi,

I've rechecked the file permissions and indeed there was the problem.

Set them properly and now works just fine.

Thank you !