Does anyone know of a Module that can do the following...

Does anyone know of a Module that can do the following...

by Dan Ashbridge -
Number of replies: 7

Hi all,

I am working for a company that offers Health and Safety training courses and certifications. 

We are currently using a bespoke system coded in PHP but it's littered with errors and I think Moodle will be a viable option for us to use.

We offer our system to other companies wishing to sell our courses to their clients. Is there a module out there that will allow us to have separate login areas for distributors of our courses?

For example, Company A could be selling 5/10 courses to his clients but doesn't want them to login via my login page, it needs to be branded to Company A.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dan Ashbridge

Re: Does anyone know of a Module that can do the following...

by Mark Sharp -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Not from within a Moodle instance, I don't think. 

But, you can link various installations of Moodle together, so they can share resources. This is done through their MNET (Moodle Network) authentication plugin. This might be what you're after. More info here: https://docs.moodle.org/31/en/MNet

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Have a look at www.iomad.org. This is a Moodle fork that provides multi-tenancy. Exactly what you are looking for I suspect.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Seb Francis -

Hey Dan,

Apologies for jumping in with my commercial hat on, but we've done something that sounds similar for a client of ours. There's nothing I'm aware of as a Moodle plugin that does exactly what you need, but I'm more than happy to share some of the things we did and see if it gives you an idea of what options you have. Just pop me an email if I can help... seb@tituslearning.com.

Cheers,

Seb

In reply to Seb Francis

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Seb... it would be useful if you could update your profile with your commercial affiliation. So we know who you are wink

In reply to Howard Miller

by Seb Francis -

All done smile Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Seb

In reply to Seb Francis

by Just H -

"Feel free to let me know if you have any questions."

Are you a Moodle Partner?

In reply to Just H

by Seb Francis -

Not as of yet...but our team have been working with Moodle since 2005.