No option for activity completion showing in certificate > edit settings > access restrictions

No option for activity completion showing in certificate > edit settings > access restrictions

by Briar Ang -
Number of replies: 2

I'm using Moodle 2.7.

I have a category, which contains 17 courses, plus a course containing a certificate. 

I'm trying to restrict access to the certificate until all 17 courses are completed. My problem is that when I go to the "certificate course" and edit settings > access restrictions > add restriction, there is no option for "activity completion condition".  This is the location I'd like to add the 17 activities that need to be completed in order for the user to be able to access the certificate course.

Here is the screenshot of the options I can see when I click on "edit settings > access restrictions > add restriction in the certificate.

I have done the following:

• Set the activity completion criteria for the 17 courses
  •  As discussed in https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=258754 I got the site admin to ensure that the following was enabled: Site administration > advanced settings > enable conditional access
  • ensured "completion tracking" is enabled in the course settings for all courses plus certificate course.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Briar Ang

Re: No option for activity completion showing in certificate > edit settings > access restrictions

by Richard Bruce -

I had the same problem. You must have activity completion set up in the activities you want to be completed. That fixed my problem anyway. 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Richard Bruce

Re: No option for activity completion showing in certificate > edit settings > access restrictions

by Briar Ang -

Thanks, issue solved! smile