Essential Theme - Course format display - Section per page display error

Essential Theme - Course format display - Section per page display error

by Văn Huy Phan -
Number of replies: 2

Hi all,

I have some problem with course displaying when my course is formatted as "Show one section per page".

It seem to always display all section one page, whatever i choose one of two options. 

I have search but there is no solution. Please help me!!!

Thanks for reading!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Văn Huy Phan

Re: Essential Theme - Course format display - Section per page display error

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Please can I confirm some basics before investigating - apologies if these do seem very basic, but if we can rule out the obvious to start with it does make problem solving easier smile

1. Please can you confirm what course format you are using (Topics, Weekly, or a 3rd party installed format, etc)

2. Check in the Clean theme to rule out theme issues (I don't think this is a theme issue, but this will eliminate that)

3. Ensure Editing is turned off - in most/all course formats, when editing is turned on,  then all topics are shown

4. Check if the page you are on is the course index page - On my Moodle3.1, Topics format, Clean theme, when I select one section per page then I am presented with a page listing the topics: clicking the topic title takes me to the 'one topic section per page' display.

Richard

In reply to Văn Huy Phan

Re: Essential Theme - Course format display - Section per page display error

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Van,

The first time you set up the option for either 'weekly' or' topic' sections, and then "set one section per page" you do see all the different section names at the same time when you first go to view it.

To make it work you need to click on one of the sections, then it will show one page at a time.

Hope this helps?

Cheers