Hiding Courses?

Hiding Courses?

by adam loonat -
Number of replies: 6

Hi,

I am running the latest version of Moodle which i have just updated as there was an issue previously but now I have set up a new course structure while adding all the resources back in ready for next term and I cant hide or delete anything now?

It just says unexpected error :/ 

Any ideas on?

Thanks in advance guys

Adam

Average of ratings: -
In reply to adam loonat

Re: Hiding Courses?

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Go to Development > Debugging and turn on ALL debug messages. Force the error then check the error logs, that should provide you with more information about the error. 

In reply to Colin Fraser

by adam loonat -
Hi, 

I've enabled "ALL" for debug messages.

when i go into courses and try to hide a course this is the messages and the error which is coming up from the inspect panel.

any guidance please.

Adam

Attachment error.jpg
In reply to adam loonat

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

http://moodle.cipsdistancelearning.com/course/rest.php does indeed return 404. That's odd as the rest.php *should* exist. Just accessing it would return a parameter missing error not a 404.

You should check if that file exists in your installation. If it's missing and you don't know why, you should download and install a fresh copy of moodle. 

In reply to Howard Miller

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Yep.... the error is not unknown, the file is missing - according to your screen shot. The question is if it is missing, why is it returning only returning an unknown error?

In reply to Colin Fraser

by adam loonat -

Many thanks for the replies,

I am unsure why all this has happened, there was a corrupted file which caused an issue previously hence the update and I ran a back up and then since this i kept seeing error messages, so i thought if i update Moodle to the latest version it may rectify the issue but it still seems to be the case..

So is my best option to start again?

Many Thanks 

Adam

In reply to adam loonat

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You should only need to replace the Moodle program files. You can keep your existing config.php file, the database and the files area.