Learning plan report

Re: Learning plan report

by Dan McGuire -
Number of replies: 0

How do I run a report that shows me how students in my class, building and system are doing on a particular competency.

For instance, a competency in Minnesota 4th grade Science is "4.2.3.2.3, Demonstrate how an electric current can produce a magnetic force. For example: Construct an electromagnet to pick up paperclips." That competency (Minnesota calls it a benchmark) is one competency in the group of standards, named, 'Energy can be transformed within a system or transferred to other systems or the environment.' The group that that standard is in is called "Energy" which is a group in the larger group, Physical Science, which is in the larger group Mn 4th Grade Science Standards.

I would like to use an off line submission of an Assignment activity that includes a rubric to determine whether or not the student(s) have achieved mastery of that competency. I would likely have a comprehension quiz and another simple assignment on which students would need to earn a certain grade and complete before they attempted the Construct an electromagnet project.

As the Director of Elementary Science (theoretically) for a school district that includes 45 elementary schools that each have on average 3 classes of 4th graders, I want to run a report on that competency by class, by building and for the whole district. I would also like to be able to drill down and view the artifact submitted by each student, and the completed rubric with teacher comments, in fulfillment of this competency.

There are twenty other 'benchmarks' in 4th Grade Science with hierarchical groupings at each of the above levels. I will also like to run reports on aggregations of those 'scores' by all of the above.

How do I set-up reports like that?

Here's a pdf of all of the Minnesota K12 Science Minnesota K-12 Academic Standards in Science (2009)