Adaptable on Moodle 2.9.3 - Site name

Adaptable on Moodle 2.9.3 - Site name

by Glenn Pillsbury -
Number of replies: 18

Not sure where to post this, so I apologize if it's in the wrong area of the thread.

I just upgraded to the 1.2.2 version of Adaptable on Moodle 2.9.3.  Unfortunately, the default site title and course title are not being displayed in the header.

In the header settings, is the "Display site title" setting supposed to use the same name given in "Full site name" located in Administration --> Front page settings?  I assume so, but wanted to ask.

When I enter text into the custom site title box, the text does display correctly, but that text also displays even when "Use Moodle site title" has been selected.  "Use Moodle site title" seems not to work.

Course titles don't show up regardless of which option I choose in the "Header course title" selector.

Am I missing something obvious?  I made sure the colors aren't hiding anything.

Thank you for you help!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Glenn Pillsbury

Re: [ADAPTABLE] DESIGN PROBLEMS

by Fernando Acedo -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Yes, this is an open issue and not fixed yet. We are working on it.

In reply to Fernando Acedo

by BISS Edtech -

Hi Fernando,

Just FYI - i just upgraded and am having the same issue as Glen. Not sure if it's related but my breadcrumbs have gone a bit weird too (i.e. not displaying course title, formatting is off)

Moodle 3.0.1+ (Build: 20151231)

Cheers,

Tarn

In reply to BISS Edtech

by Fernando Acedo -

As I explained yesterday we are aware of the issue, we are  working on it and we will try to publish the fixes next week.

by BISS Edtech -

H Fernando,

Just wondering if you have any news about the course name/breadcrumb issue? Hoping to go live with this great theme soon!

Thanks! 

In reply to BISS Edtech

by Fernando Acedo -

The site title is still in development. The breadcrumb was already fixed some weeks ago in the last realease.

What Adaptable version are you using?

by BISS Edtech -

Hi there,

Adaptable 1.2.2 with Moodle 3.1. The breadcrumb issue is that text and the FA icons are not showing up, and the course title issue is that the site title displays rather than the course title.

Thanks!

In reply to BISS Edtech

by Fernando Acedo -

Could you post a screenshot to see how the breadcrumb looks?

Are you using the breadcrumb default colours?

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I am not getting course title or site title showing at all in 3.1...breadcrumb appears fine with latest adaptable release.

by BISS Edtech -

Hi Fernando,

Yes, can confirm that it's a colour issue. Previously had white breadcrumb text and FA icons on a dark background. Are colours working differently in the breadcrumb in the new theme? Seems the icons and text colours are now determined by the default link and hover colours? Also, there's now only one colour for the breadcrumb background itself, not two as before? Or am I missing something?

Thanks!

In reply to BISS Edtech

by Fernando Acedo -

Yes, the new breadcrumb uses the background and text colours from the colours settings section and the link colour is the default used in the theme.

Notice that moodle breadcrumb is not perfect and have many issues. Depending the level, moodle do not display a link, only the page name. The Home icon or text is always a link and uses the default link colour.

Anyway you can change it by CSS.

by A. A. -

Hi Fernando,

I am facing the same problem of course title and breadcrumbs not showing, as you can see from the image attached, that shows the main page of a course.

I am using Moodle 3.1.1+ and Adaptable Release 1.2.3.

Attachment Course Title problem.png

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

The site name you have in the Frontpage settings is used UNLESS you

1. Disable site title
    OR
  2. select the "My CUSTOM Site Title" which you have to write it in the Text Editor provided.

If you have not done any of these then the Frontpage site title is the Default setting in Adaptable theme.

Also there is a   Save Settings    button right at the bottom of each one of the settings pages so if you are not familiar with with these settings it is easy to miss. In fact I almost did not see it after adding the Custom Title thinking that was all that I needed to do.

Same problem may be with the Course titles too, in other words,

ARE YOU SAVING YOUR CHANGES?

Hope this answers your questionS?

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Glenn Pillsbury -

Thanks, Mary.  I am definitely clicking the "Save settings" button at the bottom.  Fernando just mentioned it's an open issue, so I look forward to the fix.

In the meantime, I can put in a custom site title for now.

Thanks for a great theme!

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

OK...It seemed to work for me, but then I am using a different version of Moodle,

As long as Fernando knows about it then that's OK.

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Fernando Acedo -

Mary, it was a closed issue that I open again. I think tomorrow could be fixed and if pass the testing will be published next Monday.

by Mary Evans -

This line is missing in setting/header.php for Site Title...

$setting->set_updatedcallback('theme_reset_all_caches');
Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Fernando Acedo -

Thank you Mary but I think you mean sitetitletext which is the custom title, not the default used by moodle.

Anyway I will add the line.

PS: Why the "purge cache" is not a default setting to purge the cache each time you save some setting???

by Mary Evans -

I do not know why. Years ago when we were learning how to add settings etc., we had to use Theme Designer Mode. Then someone discovered that line and made life easier. I think it was Gareth..so ask him!

M