Question Order

Re: Question Order

by Rick Jerz -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Actually, I know what you might be meaning.  When one imports questions into any LMS, and then one wants to compare what got imported to the "source" it would be easiest if they were in the same order.  But it appears that every system might have its own order, for good reasons.

It is fine to as Moodle to maintain the order of the questions from the source, but it currently doesn't do this.  It is like asking Respondus to reorder their questions alphabetically by type... what would Respondus say?

You could put your need into the Tracker system as a feature request and see if others would vote on it.  This might give Moodle more flexibility.  But if I were the quiz engine designer, I would say "I like the idea, but this is low priority because how moodle sorts and displays questions is the better approach." And I would have to agree with this.  (I am just trying to put myself in that position, and not trying to put words into any one's mouth.)

I have been using the question bank forever, and I like the way Moodle organizes questions.  It becomes easier for me to find questions when needed.  All that I do is look down the list alphabetically by type.

I have said this, however, without really knowing your particular instructor's needs.  What is this instructor really trying to do?

Somehow letting Respondus create the test itself doesn't feel right to me.  But I have never done this.  Quite honestly, I have used Respondus several times, but I got away from it because it really wasn't helping.  It was one of those products that ended up in my "works great in theory" bucket.