Moodle 2.9: How to setup two different attendance grades for two different groups

Moodle 2.9: How to setup two different attendance grades for two different groups

by Graham Clark -
Number of replies: 2
In one of my Moodle 2.9 courses I want to award a grade for attendance out of 20 for Group A and a grade out of 15 for attendance for Group B. How do I do this such that a student in Group A won't see an item in their gradebook that isn't relevant to them? I thought I might be able to do this by creating a grade item and assigning it to a particular group. However, when I tried to do this there was no option to create a manual item that would appear in the gradebook of a student belonging to Group A but not the gradebook of a student belonging to Group B. How do I do this?
In reply to Graham Clark

Re: Moodle 2.9: How to setup two different attendance grades for two different groups

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Graham,

How about setting up an assignment with just a description and no submission types selected, then set the group mode to separate groups?

In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Moodle 2.9: How to setup two different attendance grades for two different groups

by Graham Clark -

Hi Helen

What a great idea. I tried it and it worked perfectly. Thank you.