Student forced into continuous password resets

Student forced into continuous password resets

by creative therapies -
Number of replies: 1

Hello Moodle Forum, perhaps you might be able to assist me?

We have had a new student join Moodle, and their first problem seemed to be that they were unable to see any of the courses they were signed up to.

To fix this, they tried a password reset and this, however, is where the real trouble started. Every time they enter the new password, Moodle redirects to a page informing them that a new password has been sent out to their email address.

They then go to their email, to see that a new password has been provided for their Moodle. They enter this, only for Moodle to send them right back to the page informing them a new password has been sent off.

You can see why this endless loop is causing a bit of a kerfuffle.

I've been searching around the internet, but cannot seem to find any others with this sort of problem. Does anyone know what I can do to solve this?

I should just say that I am quite new to Moodle, so if I do not provide enough information, I shall try to rectify this promptly.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to creative therapies

Re: Student forced into continuous password resets

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I would guess that their password does not meet requirements.  Just set a password for them and see if they can log in.