HTTP Error 500 when trying to download .csv files

HTTP Error 500 when trying to download .csv files

by Baia Teves -
Number of replies: 1

We've been using Moodle for the past few years to conduct school-wide surveys (with up to 1000+ respondents) and had no problem downloading a .csv file of the responses.  We've recently upgraded our Moodle to 3.1., and now we're  having problems downloading the data (see screenshots below)

error500-a

Unfortunately I do not have access to web server error logs, so I don't really know what the true error is. I have beginner-level knowledge with troubleshooting in Moodle (and I do not have access to the backend files etc, I can only suggest solutions to the person-in-charge). Is it possible that the upgrade to 3.1 was not done properly, and if so, is there any way to fix it without losing the data?  How do we troubleshoot the HTTP error 500?  What are other ways to pull data besides downloading the responses in .csv format?  

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Baia Teves

Re: HTTP Error 500 when trying to download .csv files

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Well, you'll need to ask the person who *does* have access to the web server logs wink

In any case, if you don't have sufficient permissions to view the logs then it's unlikely that you will have sufficient permissions to fix the problem. 

There's really no point guessing what the problem might be.