Course completion block not visible

Course completion block not visible

by Jo Scho -
Number of replies: 1
Hello,

I just started working with Moodle a week ago, but so far this forum and the internet overall made it pretty easy for me to get into it. It's running on a Windows Server (no Linux in this enviorment) and I am using the "Adaptable" theme (donno if my problem might have something to do with it).

To the problem: I disabled all blocks but navigation, except settings for Admin users. Now we want to be give users the ability to mark courses as done, which for the course completition seems to fit be perfect.

What I have done so far:

- I activated the completion tracking in the advanced options.
- In the one test course I have so far (format single activity / text) I activated completion tracking.
- Under this course's course settings -> course completion I activated the checkbox for self completion.
- I then activated editing for this course, added the block "course completion", made sure the block is visible to all users and then disabled editing for the course.

Now I can only see the block under one condition. I need to be logged in as Admin user, I need to open the course and I need to go to course settings -> course completion.

I don't see the block as Admin user when opening the course itself. My test student users don't see the block at all.

Spend about three hours searching this forum, the internet and trying all sorts of stuff and getting tired now. Does anyone have an idea what could the reason for this behaviour?

Thank you very much.

Edit: I forgot to mention: Using Moodle 3.1

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jo Scho

Re: Course completion block not visible

by Mignon Smit -

Hi

Did you get any feedback on this problem?

I am using Moodle 3.1 too.

Adaptable theme and I can activate the completion tracking in the overall course settings, but the completion tracking does NOT appear in the course settings.

Bit frustrated.

Think is theme related.