MoodleBox - A Vagrant local development environment

Re: MoodleBox - A Vagrant local development environment

by Eric Merrill -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

pssshhhh - wanting it done the right way. What is wrong with you wink

In reply to Eric Merrill

Re: MoodleBox - A Vagrant local development environment

by john attwood -

How can I move that image up to my Google GCE account.  I guess I will have to do it myself and write up the instructions.

I want to get this going for setup to run one Moodle locally with intermittent power and internet and have one on my Google Cloud Compute. Once I get both up I will use Virtsync to keep them updated. 

Well... I cannot connect to the vagrant VM  on my Centos7 host...it list vboxnet0 as 192.168.1.1 I tried both 1 and 2 neither work. 

I can ssh... maybe nginx server not up ... but it should be up right ?  Wait I read documentation and it say nginx usually not start by itself ?

sudo service nginx start doesn't work but I don't know where it is. 

Ok i confirmed nginx is up but ?????? mysql is also up ??? what's left ................. why cant i connect....

No firewall

No Selinux .............still no moodle. 

In reply to john attwood

errors

by john attwood -
 default: fatal: destination path '/home/vagrant/.nodenv' already exists and is not an empty directory

I

fatal: destination path '/home/vagrant/.nodenv/plugins/node-build' already exists and is not an empty directory.

cannot find this directory.

Job for mysql.service failed. See 'systemctl status mysql.service' and 'journalctl -xn' for details.

I checked an mysql was up

maybe i just go home for the day.