Glossary

Glossary glitch/error

Picture of Daryl Hardy
Glossary glitch/error

Hello,

On one of our Moodle course pages we have three glossaries set up with a random glossary entry block for each. However we have discovered that the entries from one glossary is also displaying in the others...

Also, when you select to search by author, user profiles appear in the glossary list. Can anyone please shed some light on this?

Kindest,

Daryl Hardy

Average of ratings: -
Mary Cooch
Re: Glossary glitch/error
Documentation writersMoodle Course Creator Certificate holdersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersTestersTranslators

Could you please say which version of Moodle you are running?

Picture of Ryan Smith

I discovered this in a training session for teachers today.

When teachers have added glossaries in the *own* course(s), they can search from within their glossary and it returns glossary entries from other courses on the Moodle installation. It isn't clear which courses that it is returning the results from. I checked, and we have zero "global glossaries" on the Moodle server.

Also, the random glossary entry block on many courses is not pulling a new random entry on many manual refreshes. At this point, I'm having issues reproducing this problem.

We are running the latest version of Moodle 3.1.

Mary Cooch
Documentation writersMoodle Course Creator Certificate holdersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersTestersTranslators

Hi there. There is a bug in 3.1 (which I reported) whereby glossary entries are shown from other courses. It's possible that is also affecting the random glossary entry . The bug has been fixed and is currently awaiting integration - hopefully this should be soon very soon.

Picture of Daryl Hardy

Hi Mary,

Thanks for your response . We are using 2.9 - will the bug fix be integrated on to our system as well?

Kind regards,

Daryl

Mary Cooch

Hello Daryl

I wasn't aware of a problem with the random glossary entry block in 2.9 -I will try to find a 2.9 site and see if I can replicate it. I don't think it is the same as the 3.1 error of glossary entries appearing in other courses.

Picture of Daryl Hardy

Hi Mary,

Any more news on this? 

Kindest,

Daryl