Redirected too many times...

Redirected too many times...

le Krishna Thapa -
Number of replies: 9

while installing moodle in Windows 7, almost most of the installation process was done but at last, after click "continue" I face with the blank page and the information show that my IP redirected you too many times.

the snapshot is attached via this post.

Attachment error moodle.png
Attachment redirect error.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Krishna Thapa

Re: Redirected too many times...

le Howard Miller -
Dealbh dhe Core developers Dealbh dhe Documentation writers Dealbh dhe Particularly helpful Moodlers Dealbh dhe Peer reviewers Dealbh dhe Plugin developers

Clear your browser cache and/or try a different browser. 

In reply to Howard Miller

le Krishna Thapa -

i think this problem related to the server side so that only cash clear or switch other browser won't help to spot problem of redirection. 

Thank You.

le Howard Miller -
Dealbh dhe Core developers Dealbh dhe Documentation writers Dealbh dhe Particularly helpful Moodlers Dealbh dhe Peer reviewers Dealbh dhe Plugin developers

Ok... did you try it though? There are several causes for this and we need to eliminate the easy ones first. 

le Karen Turle -

Hi

I am having the same issue as Krishna. Basically I get to the page where I should be setting up the home screen but keep getting the same error message. I have tried clearing cookies, cache, different browser and rebooting. Please let me know if you resolve this issue. I am on Windows 7 using MoodleWindowsInstaller-latest-31

le Bernardo Estêvão -

As said in many other posts (with older versions of moodle), try deleting the cache folders inside "moodledata"

Average of ratings: Useful (8)
In reply to Bernardo Estêvão

le Amy Stewart -

This worked for my local, fresh installation of Moodle on Windows 7.  Thanks!

le sushumna rao -

I have the similar issue. I downloaded 3.1.1 stable version for windows and could install successfully (local machine) and it gave me few screens with installed things too. After I gave my profile as admin this page error is showing up. Please help me.

In reply to sushumna rao

le Paula Caso -

I am having the exact same problem with a fresh install of 3.1.1. I'm on an IIS 10 / Windows 10 machine. My normal websites run fine, so this is definitely related to Moodle or PHP. I've tried editing everything related to fastcgi that I can find, I've tried editing the web.config file. I've tried clearing the Moodledata cache. And, I've used multiple machines and multiple browsers. 

The closest I came to a smile was when I cleared the history in Chrome and the login screen came up... but hope faded when I entered in my credentials and it said that my session had timed out and the address included a session=2. I haven't been able to reproduce that since.  ;-(