Blocks "missing from disk"

Blocks "missing from disk"

by Patrick Gardella -
Number of replies: 2

In the course of our use of Moodle over the years, and our move onto Moodlerooms several years ago, and then our move off of Moodlerooms, we ended up with a number of plugins that were "missing from disk".  We were able to use the "uninstall" link on quite a few of these such that they don't appear in the Plugins list anymore, nor on the file system.

Now we are finding that there are artifacts from these missing plugins all over the place. For instance, in Blocks, we see the following (and more) missing:

expected_completion (Missing from disk)0
explorancebpi (Missing from disk)0
express (Missing from disk)1

I saw in one of the other threads that many people "never actually bothered to fix the error as it doesn't appear to have a negative effect on the site", which is entirely true.  But now we are starting to see warnings about Events 1 API deprecated handlers for these plugins. (Which again, we can ignore, since the plugin isn't really there, and it is just deprecated at this point.) But the purist in me want to not see these warnings anymore, so I'd like to remove the database reference. Clearly that express block is in use somewhere, but no one is complaining it isn't working, so it's probably a course from several years ago.

Does anyone know where the references are held in the database? And do you have any "heads up" on removing them? 

FWIW, we're on Moodle 3.1+.

Patrick

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Patrick Gardella

Re: Blocks "missing from disk"

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Go to, Site administration > Plugins > Plugins overview

You should be able to find them in the list and uninstall them

In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Blocks "missing from disk"

by Patrick Gardella -

Thanks, Howards.  We've done that. However some of them did not appear to fully uninstall, leaving, in this case, several blocks behind.