Module completed, SCORM incomplete

Module completed, SCORM incomplete

by Andras Egler -
Number of replies: 3
Hi,

I'm having some difficulties in my Moodle LMS. I'm using SCORM packages (activities) in my courses published by Articulate Storyline, and most of the time they work perfectly.

One of my SCORM packages (SCORM 1.2) works strange: users have to visit all slides to complete the SCORM (state: passed) and they have to get "passed" value to complete the activity module. Two users have a strange state: after they finished the e-learning, the activity module set to be completed, but the SCORM set to be "incomplete". But I do not know how it happens, because the SCORM package has to be completed (passed) in order to complete the activity.

I tried to reproduce this issue without any success. I have tried using different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome) and I also turn on the debug mode in SCORM settings. I hope someone could help me about what causes this problem.

I attached the screenshot about the completion settings.

Thanks in advance,

András

Attachment completion.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andras Egler

Re: Module completed, SCORM incomplete

by Sam Stevens -

What happens if you open it, compete it and then start a new attempt? Might be something to do with that. i.e they have completed but then they start again. 

I don't think a restart of the scorm would remove the activity completion but if you then restart the scorm on a new atempt you could end up with incomplete with the activity completed.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Sam Stevens

by Mathew Gancarz -
Picture of Core developers

Agreed that this might be the case. What does the report of the specific SCORM package for the affected students say? One attempt, two attempts? When you click on the attempt # and get the information, does it say something along the lines of:

cmi.core.lesson_location<some page>
cmi.core.lesson_statuscompleted
cmi.core.total_time14 minutes 49 seconds

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Sam Stevens

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I'd probably advise you also set "force new attempt" to "Yes" if you haven't already - depending on how your SCORM package has been developed a re-entry to the same "attempt" can overwrite the previous score/completion status.