Percentage Grading

Percentage Grading

by Shoned Jones -
Number of replies: 1

Hi, 

I've been looking for how to grade in percentages through the gradebook. I know that I need to make a scale for it but all of the documentation stated that numerical (which I think is the scale I need) is a default scale that is already available in moodle. But I cannot find it, the only scale that is already in moodle is the 'Separate and Connected ways of knowing' scale. All I need is what to type in the scale bit for numerical, do I have to do 1-100?

Also, in general does anyone know of a good tutorial for the use of outcomes? All of the ones I've come across seem to assume that you already understand the basics of them but I do not and cannot a good explanation of what they are and how they work. 

Hope someone can help,

Shoned

P.S I'm sorry if this is already a topic or is very simple to fix, I've been going round in circles. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Shoned Jones

Re: Percentage Grading

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello there. FIrst of all, do you know what version of Moodle you are using? If you are not admin then click on a "Moodle docs for this page" link at the bottom of any page you access as a teacher and look at the number in the URL - 29, 30 or whatever. Then let us know. (If you are admin or can ask the admin then you can find out from Site administration >Notifications)

When you set up an assignment, if you choose a points scale then the assignment will automatically let you mark out of 100 or whatever you want the max grade to be. If you want to add a grade item in the gradebook directly then when you set it up, leave it at the default "value" and you can then add grades of a numerical value.

Perhaps you can give a few more details of where you want to add grades and for what?

As for outcomes, the documentation is here: Outcomes but it might be different depending on what version of Moodle you are using.